Tuesday, July 31, 2012

As I see it, You Get Half a Chance.
A man gets so few moments in his life to show his uniquely manly qualities to the world. Men void of war or adventure must actively seek these opportunities to prove themselves as a compleat man, and when the opportunity arises all of us must make the most of such opportunities. I have been blessed with just such an opportunity and feel obligated to share it with my fellow compleat men. Very soon I get to meet my little sisters new boy friend and not some BS high school boy-toy, this is her first "real" post high-school boyfriend. Now, I believe that it is written into my DNA to dislike the very existence of this young man, as he is attempting to corrupt my lovely baby sister. So how do I handle the first meeting? Should I scare and intimidate the little fella as we have seen done time and time again in movies? He is currently serving in the same branch of the military that I served in not 7 years ago; do I take the opportunity to intimidate him the way a senior NCO would?
Taking a moment to ask myself, what is the true spirit of the Compleat Man, and how would a Compleat Man handle this situation I have come to a simple realization. This young man deserves, at the very least, every opportunity to earn my approval, or the latter. Will I send a few well timed shots across his bow, of course, what man wouldn't. So, if by chance you should read this just know I am giving you a fare chance, but remember while you were still in grammar school I was a two time Golden Glove champ, and was pulling back to back "in country" deployments. (Okay, you get half a fare chance)

No comments:

Post a Comment