Sunday, May 13, 2012

Stay Classy Sheridan.


   I love living in the west, always have and always will. Still there are things I can't get use to. I don't love that Wyoming seems to be the blue-jean capital of the world. Even when I lived in Montana I didn't see as guys out on the town in jeans as I do here. Its one thing if they are clean, pressed and the jeans you wear to meetings and church and so on, I get it we are in the west, but when you look like trash I have to wonder what you are thinking.
   Last night my family went out to dinner in Sheridan for an early Mother's day celebration. Among the crowd in one of Sheridan's better restaurants was one guy specifically, that really irritated me. No it wasn't the fruit in the skinny jeans. It was the 50-something guy in jeans and a sleeveless t-shirt. His family dressed up, at least what I would call dressed up for Sheridan, but he found it necessary to not sleeve it up for dinner. Call me crazy but could we "class it up", just a little. Maybe I'm off base, but does everybody think that "country" and "white trash" are interchangeable these days?
  Remember before you can stay classy, you need to get classy. Lets start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment